ContentBacon is an inbound marketing company that helps companies of all shapes and sizes increase traffic and brand awareness, generate leads, and convert leads into customers.
We’re currently seeking a growth strategist who can help develop and execute cohesive inbound strategies for our customers that inform, educate, entertain, and delight their audiences.
NOTE: We don’t want your resume. In fact, we automatically disqualify any applicants who send us one. So read the whole description to determine whether you’re a fit and find instructions for how you can toss your hat in the ring.
A few things you need to know
Our core values are near and dear to our hearts. In order for us to have equal footing in a belief system, you must live, breathe, and eat B.A.C.O.N!
- Bullshit free zone
- Act with integrity
- Constantly curious and creating
- Outrageous customer service
- No dicks allowed
If you find yourself saying, “Yeah, right on!” then continue reading. If not, feel free to bail here. We know there won’t be a love connection.
What a Growth Strategist does at ContentBacon
Inbound marketing strategy
- Develops inbound marketing strategies that define measurable goals, audience, keywords, and content for multiple customer accounts
- Understands how each piece of content created fits into the larger narrative and supports customers’ goals
- Gets into our customers’ worlds and identifies additional opportunities to support what they’re up to. While you work within the scope of their deliverables, you also recommend additional products that would improve performance and results.
- Achieves HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification within first 90 days
- Creates and maintains a content calendar that supports strategic goals with deadlines that gets met
- Impeccable writing and editing on every piece of content created; this doesn’t just include customer content like blogs, newsletters, and social media, but internal and external email and all types of communication
- Ensures content matches the customers brand voice and is appropriate for the platform where it gets shared
- Works closely with our writing team to assign and review work, providing feedback and coaching as needed
- Follows a regular editing schedule and meets set deadlines; communicates when a deadline may not be met
- Handles any type of project and sees it from inception and strategy development through QA on copywriting and design including websites, newsletter templates, landing pages, ebooks, and more.
- Sharing content with customers, implementing feedback, and working with production to ensure it’s executed on schedule
- Proactively communicates activities and results with customers
- Acts as the main point of contact on assigned accounts and delegate to the team as needed
- Manages internal and external timelines and expectations
- Takes advantages of our processes to set deadlines and powerfully handle bottlenecks
- Addresses what doesn’t work internally and externally from an empowering context
- Owns every aspect of onboarding new customers while developing the inbound marketing strategy is developed
- Responds to customers within 24 business hours
- Has regular check-in calls with customers to discuss strategy, results, and other products that support their inbound strategy
Analysis and reporting
- Uses performance metrics to tell the story of ContentBacon’s value to customers through monthly reports and strategy calls
- Evaluates data to determine what’s working, what’s not, and course corrects or optimizes as necessary
Coaching, training, and development
- Consistently learns and grows as a professional and a person
- Embodies our core values (B.A.C.O.N.)
- Contributes valuable input in team meetings
- Devotes time monthly to reading industry publications to develop skills as a content strategist and effective communicator
- Actively participates in professional coaching individually and with the team
- Manages a team of writers and invests in their growth in development by providing feedback and coaching and sharing valuable resources
- Achieves HubSpot Certification
You’re likely a fit for this position if you’re…
- Insatiably curious
- A natural storyteller
- An impeccable communicator
- Not phone shy
- Detail oriented
- Willing to cultivate expertise in a variety of industries
- Predisposed to helpfulness
Local candidates only. This is a full-time position in our Davie, FL office.