ContentBacon is an inbound marketing company that helps companies of all shapes and sizes increase traffic and brand awareness, generate leads, and convert leads into customers.
And we need super sharp, highly motivated, and insanely organized people to help us manage projects and other tasks in the content marketing space.
A few things you need to know
Our core values are near and dear to our hearts. In order for us to have equal footing in a belief system, you must live, breathe, and eat B.A.C.O.N!
- Bullshit free zone
- Act with integrity
- Constantly curious and creating
- Outrageous customer service
- No dicks allowed
If you find yourself saying, “Yeah, right on!” then continue reading. If not, feel free to bail here. We know there won’t be a love connection.
- Customer onboarding: The first 90 days with any new account is critical. You will act as the champion for our “piglets,” welcoming them aboard, setting expectations, collecting the information and materials we need from the customer to get set up, and working closely with our creative team in the first 90 days.
- Project onboarding: You’ll work closely with our sales team and our customers to understand the scope and budget for each new project we take on so you can develop project briefs for the creative team, set and manage timelines and budgets, and track progress in our project management system.
- Project management: You’ll work closely with our creative and development teams to keep projects within scope, on time, and within budget. You’ll also send regular progress updates to our customers, including reports on digital ad campaign performance.
- Development oversight: You’ll be the segue between our creative and development teams, overseeing the implementation of all creatives and quality checking to make sure everything functions correctly before and after launch.
- Risk management: Inbound marketing is a game of deadlines. You’ll need to be able to anticipate what issues could arise in the development and approval processes and problem solve before they become issues.
- Data management: Once you create the project brief, you’ll be responsible for collecting any information from the customer needed for the successful completion of the project, such as existing assets and login credentials, and storing it where the team can easily access it.
- Reporting + escalating to management and/or customers: You’ll measure project performance and report on status, budget, and timelines as needed both internally and with customers. You’ll also need to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and cost.
- SEO oversight: You’ll be expected to perform regular quality checks and provide guidance and support to our remote production assistant. This includes basic backend SEO on pages and posts as well as tracking activity and generating reports, and other research-based tasks.
- Customer support and communication: You’ll be the main person that our customers go to with questions, concerns, and issues. You’ll help troubleshoot and solve or delegate to the team member who can while staying in communication with the customer. You’ll also provide updates and send requests for information. Critical thinking, self-motivated research, and problem solving are crucial here.
- Reporting: You’ll work closely with our creative team to develop monthly reports that tell customers the story of how what we’re doing for them is adding value to their business. You’re the person who will look at the numbers and figure out the “so what” and work with the creative team to develop and execute recommendations and optimizations that continue to drive value for the customer.
- Marketing automation: You’ll need to understand the role of marketing automation in an inbound marketing strategy. You’ll set up accurate ad campaigns with landing pages, email drips, and workflows and help optimize campaigns. Familiarity (or the ability to learn) about platforms like HubSpot is crucial to success in this role!
- Posting blogs: You may sometimes be asked to jump into WordPress or another content management system (CMS) and publish a blog. You’ll need to know how to do that and what steps to take to ensure that SEO best practices are followed.
- Some writing: Ultimately, everyone at ContentBacon must be a writer. Even though you’re not writing content, you’ll be lots of writing lots of briefs, emails, processes, reports, and instructions for other team members. You need to be able to write accurately, simply and concisely.
- Tech savvy: You don’t need to know how to code, but you need to understand or be able to figure out how to use many different tools and technologies
- Puzzle solver: There are no problems, only puzzles to solve. And you take pride in (and enjoy!) figuring out what it takes to make something work.
- Insanely Organized: You have a system that allows you to manage lots of moving parts accurately and effortlessly. You’re able to focus on the small details and not lose sight of the big picture.
- Able to anticipate where bottlenecks may happen and perform risk management
- You take the time to read emails and other communication to ensure complete understanding; you speak up when you don’t understand and ask clarifying questions until you do.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to adjust daily schedule as urgent things come up without being frazzled or overwhelmed by it
- Driven to meet deadlines no matter what, but also able to be in communication and reset expectations the moment it becomes clear a deadline may no longer be realistic
- Effective communicator: Not afraid to ask for what’s needed and likes talking to people; you genuinely want to help people and have the ability to continue to follow up with someone without getting frustrated or forgetting
- Able to delegate without forgetting about the task
- Strong computer skills: comfortable on PC or Mac, fast typer, advanced understanding of WordPress and plugins, social media platforms, newsletter platforms, Google Analytics, SEO, Excel, HubSpot, web development, and many of the tools in a marketer’s toolbox
- For anything you don’t know, you can do the research and figure it out on your own or ask the right questions from the right people to get what you need to move forward
- Open to learning and self improvement
Local candidates only. This is a full-time in-house position in our Davie, FL office.