Marketing Production Coordinator
ContentBacon is an inbound marketing company that helps businesses increase traffic, generate leads, and convert prospects into customers. And we need super sharp, highly motivated, and insanely organized people to support our production processes.
But we don’t just want your resume, so skip the Indeed application and read through our ad for instructions on how to toss your hat in the ring.
A few things you need to know
Our core values are near and dear to our hearts. In order for us to have equal footing in a belief system, you must live, breathe, and eat B.A.C.O.N!
- Bullshit free zone
- Act with integrity
- Constantly curious and creating
- Outrageous customer service
- No dicks allowed
If you find yourself saying, “Yeah, right on!” then continue reading. If not, feel free to bail here. We know there won’t be a love connection.
Full disclosure: we’re growing fast, and that means we’re always changing, adapting, and improving. New responsibilities and challenges will surface, and as a member of the ContentBacon team, you’ll be expected to take them on and solve them. So if you’re looking for structure, routine, and a clearly defined role, this job definitely isn’t for you.
If you haven’t found your career path and want an opportunity to try on lots of different hats and find your place, this is definitely the position for you. Ultimately, we’re looking for someone who enjoys a challenge and can solve problems and figure things out without a lot of guidance or drama. ‘Cause there’s stuff we’re still learning, too!
- Marketing automation: You’ll need to understand the role of marketing automation in an inbound marketing strategy. You’ll help to set up accurate ad campaigns with landing pages, email drips, and workflows and help optimize campaigns. Familiarity (or the ability to learn) about platforms like HubSpot & Buffer is crucial to success in this role!
- Social Media Management: You’ll be responsible for our customers’ social media calendars. This means ensuring all posts are delivered by our editors and scheduled in our social media management platform on schedule (of course), but it also means reading through what’s in the lineup and ensuring that similar content isn’t scheduled back to back, that time-sensitive posts are prioritized, and doing quality control to ensure the posts go live with the appropriate image and link.
- Newsletter builds and sends: You’ll help build our customers’ monthly newsletters in a variety of email marketing platforms including MailChimp, ConstantContact, iContact, HubSpot, and InfusionSoft. You’ll be responsible for making sure the formatting stays intact while updating the content of each newsletter, as well as the internal- and customer-facing review processes. You’ll also be responsible for checking open and click-thru rates to gauge the performance of each campaign.
- Posting blogs: You may be asked to jump into WordPress or another content management system (CMS) and publish a blog. You’ll need to know how to do that and what steps to take to ensure that we’re following SEO best practices.
- Risk management: Content marketing is a game of deadlines. You’ll need to be able to anticipate what issues could arise in the development and approval processes and problem solve before they become issues.
- SEO QA: You’ll be expected to perform regular quality checks and basic backend SEO on pages and posts. You’ll also help generate baseline reports, track activity and generate reports, as well as other research-based tasks. Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and other tools like SpyFu and Moz will be necessary.
- Some writing: Ultimately, everyone at ContentBacon must be a writer. Even though you’re not writing content, you’ll be lots of writing lots of briefs, emails, processes, reports, and instructions for other team members. You need to be able to write accurately, simply and concisely.
- Tech savvy: you don’t need to know how to code, but you need to understand or be able to figure out how to use many different tools and technologies and troubleshoot issues when things don’t work
- Whatever-it-takes attitude around problem solving: You don’t get dramatic. You grab the bull by the horns and take pride in figuring it out.
- Extremely organized and able to see both the small details and the big picture
- Able to anticipate how things can go wrong and perform risk management
- Reading comprehension: Willing to read (not skim) emails and other communications to ensure a complete understanding
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to adjust daily schedule as urgent things come up without being frazzled or overwhelmed by it
- Driven to meet deadlines no matter what
- Solid communication: Not afraid to ask for what’s needed and likes talking to people—both inside and outside the company
- Able to continually follow up with someone—without getting frustrated or forgetting—until they deliver what’s being requested
- Strong computer skills: comfortable on PC or Mac, fast typer, advanced understanding of WordPress and plugins, social media platforms, newsletter platforms, Google Analytics, SEO, Excel, HubSpot, web development, and many of the tools in a marketer’s toolbox
- For anything you don’t know, you can do the research and figure it out on your own or ask the right questions from the right people to get what you need to move forward
- Open to learning and self improvement
Interested? DON’T send your resume
We are looking for part-time and full-time team members to work in our Davie, FL office.